Eyelash Extensions Aftercare
Enjoy your beautiful new Xtreme Lashes Semi-Permanent Eyelash Extensions with minor adjustments to your lifestyle. Proper care and maintenance of your extended lashes which were applied using either the Single-Layer or Volumation TM technique will ensure beautiful and long-lasting results.
AFTER YOUR APPLICATION
Basic makeup application and normal lifestyle routine can resume after your eyelash extension application. However, the following activities should be avoided within the first 3 hours:
- Spray or airbrush tanning - Exposure to excessive steam - Exposure to excessive heat - Contact lenses insertion
- Use of non-Xtreme Lashes cosmetics and skincare products that come in contact with the extended eyelashes
Note: To maximize your eyelash extension longevity, use only specially formulated eyelash extension compatible Xtreme Lashes cosmetics and skincare products, unless otherwise noted.
The following activities will weaken the adhesive bond and result in premature eyelash extensions loss.
Always avoid them:
- Use of NON-Xtreme Lashes cosmetics and skincare products that come in contact with the extended eyelashes
- Use of waterproof cosmetics on or near the extended eyelashes, such as waterproof mascara and eyeliner
- Use of mechanical or heated curlers
- Excessive mascara application
- Excessive exposure to friction
- Excessive rubbing of eyes
- Picking or pulling on extended eyelashes
- Chemical treatments, such as eyelash tinting or perming
To prevent damage to your eyelash extensions, care should be taken when receiving any of the following procedures:
- Strong chemical peels or skin resurfacing procedure that come in direct contact with the eye area
- Facial treatments and facial massages that include direct contact with the eye area and extended eyelashes
Note: Always inform your esthetician or medical provider that you are wearing eyelash extensions before any facial procedure begins.
AFTER CARE TECHNIQUES
Use the following cleansing techniques on extended lashes that are applied using either the Single-Layer or the Volumation TM technique:
Cleanse your entire orbital eye area quickly and effortlessly using the lint-free Cosmetic Sponges. Saturate your cosmetic sponges with Eye Makeup Remover & Facial Cleanser, and gently press the sponge onto your eyelash extensions, wiping downwards towards your cheek. Use the other side to cleanse your eyelids.
Cleansing eyelash extensions from base-to-tip Saturate two Lint-Free Applicators with Eye Makeup Remover & Facial Cleanser, and place one above and one below your eyelash extensions.
Perform gentle scrubbing motions while moving both applicators along your eyelashes from base-to-tip.
Cleansing in-between eyelash extensions Saturate a Long-Tipped Applicator with Eye Makeup Remover & Facial Cleanser to clean between - and at the base of your lashes to remove residual makeup, oils, and debris.
Cleansing and massaging the eyelid Saturate one or more Flex Tip Applicators with Eye Makeup Remover & Facial Cleanser, and massage your lash line and eyelid to promote circulation and healthy natural eyelash growth.
Remove any remaining makeup and cleanser by rinsing your entire orbital eye area with water.
DRY & STYLE
Dry your eyelash extensions with the Mini Fan and use the Deluxe Retractable Lash Styling Wand or a clean, dry Lint-Free Applicator to fluff and style your eyelash extensions into place.
JO MOUSSELLI'S TIP
Xtreme Lashes Mascaras can be applied to your natural bottom eyelashes to maximize and balance your lash look. Do not apply any mascara or Protective Coating to eyelash extensions applied using the VolumationTM technique. It is not necessary or recommended.
Copyright 2015 Xtreme Lashes, LLC. All rights reserved.